Stone Oven Baguette Recipe: Vegetarian Bread Casserole "provençale"
Submitted by IBIS Backwarenvertriebs GmbH from Aachen
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 4
1. preheat the oven to 200 °C top/bottom heat Bake the Baguette Classic stone oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then cut into slices of just under 1 cm thick. Place the slices on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 2 minutes, then remove and let cool again.
2. reduce the oven temperature to 180 °C. Wash and dry the tomatoes, cut out the stem and cut into 0.5 cm thick slices. Cut the goat cheese roll into thin slices, cut the black olives into thin rings. Wash the herbs and shake dry. Pluck and chop the leaves.
3. peel the garlic clove for the icing and press it through the press into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, crème fraîche and milk. Whisk everything and season with salt and pepper.
4. grease an oven dish (approx. 20 x 30 cm) with olive oil. Alternate slices of bread, tomatoes and cheese in layers like roof tiles. Spread the olive rings and the chopped herbs between them. Finally, pour the egg mixture over it and bake the casserole on the middle shelf for about 30 minutes. If it gets too dark, cover loosely with aluminium foil.
5. remove and serve garnished with thyme