Sweet Bread Dumplings on Nut Butter with Berry Sauce
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 4
For the dumplings:
1. Heat the milk with the butter in a saucepan until the butter has melted and the milk is lukewarm. Stir eggs and sugar into the milk with a whisk.
2. Pour the milk mixture over the milk roll cubes. Add the flour, mix everything and let it stand covered for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil up enough lightly salted water in a large pot. Mix the bread roll mixture again, then form 8 bread dumplings. If the mixture is too soft, add a little more flour. Let the dumplings simmer in boiling water for about 5 minutes. When they float to the surface, lift them out of the water with a skimmer and let them drip off on a cake rack.
4. for the nut butter, put the butter with the sugar in a pan and melt. Stir in the hazelnuts, then put the dumplings into the pan and turn them in the nut butter until they are covered on all sides.
5. for the berry sauce, wash the blueberries, dab dry and sort them. Put them in a high container with the vanilla sugar and puree them with a hand blender.
6. arrange the sweet bread dumplings with nut butter and the berry sauce on plates. Dust everything with icing sugar and serve immediately.